Different models are available on the market, each with its strengths and weaknesses. To help you make a more informed purchasing decision, we’ve compiled a list of our top picks for the best kayak for trolling motor listed below.
10 Best kayak for trolling motor Recommendation: Editor’s Choice
Best kayak for trolling motor: 10 Popular Choices
1. RAILBLAZA Kayak Motor Mount
- Simplest way to attach a trolling motor to your kayak
- Includes all necessary hardware
- Quick transition from paddle only to motor ready
- Able to add RailMount 32-41s for added customization
- Some Assembly Required
2. Watersnake T18 ASP – 18 Pound Thrust 12v Electric Saltwater Trolling Motor with Kayak Bracket
- PORTABLE – Watersnake Saltwater Electric Outboard Motor is the ultimate in lightweight portability, weighing only 4.85lbs (2.2kg). Watersnake’s simple design keeps the weight down while delivering quality and performance.
- COMPATIBLE – It is the ideal trolling motor to use on kayaks, canoes, small dinghies, and inflatable boats. Please note: Battery not included.
- DESIGN – 24” shaft, adjustable mount fitting that makes for easy attachment, and anti-impact clip system. This easy to steer motor uses a hand tiller with an extendable handle, high and low speed control, forward and reverse switch and two blade weedless propeller design.
- STYLE – Electric motor with 18lbs thrust, Kayak Bracket Mount included.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Necessity is the mother of invention. Created by anglers to be used by anglers. If you’re not satisfied with your Watersnake Electric Motor, contact your distributor to be taken care of.
Additional Info :
3. Newport Vessels Kayak Series 55lb Thrust Transom Mounted Saltwater Electric Trolling Motor w/LED Battery Indicator (24″ Shaft)
- Kayak Shaft: 24-Inch Fiberglass Shaft Allows For Variable Depth Placement, While Offering A Lifetime Of Dependable Performance
- Variable Speed: 8 Speeds (5 Forward & 3 Reverse) With 6-Inch Telescoping Handle Puts You In Total Control Of Your Ride
- Saltwater Rated: Durable All Aluminum Motor Head W/ Corrosion Resistant Magnesium, Zinc, And Stainless-Steel Hardware For Saltwater Use (Lead-Acid Dc 12V)
- Extra Long Cables: 5’6″ Battery Cables Allow For Versatile Battery Placement For Optimal Weight Distribution
Additional Info :
4. Newport Vessels Steering Triangle for NK-180S Brushless Kayak Motor, Kayak Trolling Motors, and Other Auxiliary Motors
- USE – steering triangle allows kayak anglers to steer their stern mounted kayak motor using rudder pedals, can also be used to steer kayaks using a variety of other mechanisms.
- FEATURES – The design features 4 possible adjustment holes for fine tuning your steering cable placement, durable plastic construction, and 2 mounting bolts for rock solid clamping force.
- DURABLE – It is made from durable plastic, and is ready for whatever you have to throw at it.
- FITMENT – Compatible with NK-180S Brushless Kayak Motor & most trolling motors. Shaft Diameter: 1.15″ (1 1/8 inch), Length: 7.75″ (7 3/4 inch), Height: 2.5″ (2 1/2 inch), Width: 3.5″ (3 1/2 inch)
Additional Info :
5. BKC Brooklyn Kayak Company UH-TM315 Kayak Trolling Motor Mount – Ambidextrous Trolling Motor Mount for Quick and Easy Kayak Trolling Motor Setup
- Easy Setup and Removal – Motor mount connects to most kayak hulls in a matter of minutes and can be removed in a matter of seconds
- Ambidextrous Design – Mount allows for installation of trolling motor for easy use by both left and right handed boaters
- Durable Materials – Rust-resistant metal and fade- and corrosion-resistant plastics will stand the test of time and exposure to the element
- Lightweight Construction – Hollow but sturdy tubing reduces motor mount weight, allowing for easy handling of mount and adding minimal weight to kayak
- Must Have for Fishing – Helps upgrade a paddle only kayak into the ultimate trolling fishing vessel without any permanent hull alterations required
Additional Info :
6. Wilderness Systems Transom Trolling Motor Mount for Kayaks
- Transom trolling motor bracket for clamp-on electric trolling motors
- Marine Board backing plate keeps motor clamp tight and secure
- Maximum trolling motor thrust of 36 pounds
- Heavy duty 13-gauge stainless steel construction
- Designed for any boat with a flat spot on the stern big enough for a power pole. Rectangular mounting hole pattern is 3.75” x 4.75”
- May not work with boats with a Recess mounting location due to differences in Molds and cutouts.
- Recommended for trolling motors with up to 3 Horsepower and/or 70 pounds of thrust
- Maximum recommended weight capacity of 45 lbs.
- Bracket Dimensions: (L) 8.59” x (W) 8.78” x (H) 3.95”
- Bracket Weight: 2.7 lbs.
Additional Info :
7. Newcod Kayak Motor Mount, Fishing Kayak Trolling Motor Mount Rack Aluminum Outboard Mounting Bracket Holder Kit
- 📌【Multi-Use】 This is a multi-use kayak trolling motor mount bracket and fishing accessories mount platform. You can mount it on the standard gear track and put more accessories on top.
- 📌【Compatible System】 The bracket can be insert into standard flush rod holes to mount trolling motor. Compatible with all gear/rail system such as Eco system, Scotty system or Ram system.
- 📌【Universal-Suits】 Fishing kayak trolling motor mount is designed to fit kayaks with built-in rod holders (expect for curved rod holder). It can be adjusted for different hull widths. Universal-suits for most kayak, fit for different angle or inclined rod holders.
- 📌【Easy Installation】 The kayak motor rack easily slides into your existing kayak rod holders without the need to modify your kayak. Adjustable for left or right hand operation.
- 📌【High Quality】 The motor bracket holder kit includes a marine-grade aluminum bar, nylon protection motor clamp as well as related stainless hardware with 165lbs rotating capacity. All necessary hardware is included in the kit, solid and rust resistance.
Additional Info :
8. NyVoozy Rudder Clamp on Boat Rudder Fits Most 24 to 55″ Trolling Motors, Kayak Rudder Kit Designed for Kayak, Canoe, Angling Boat, etc, Electric Motors Rudder Clamp Widely Use for Canoe, Jon boat, etc
- OBVIOUSLY IMPROVED-Adding the boat rudder to your boat trolling motor made the trolling motor more stable as trolling motors are known for lack of steering especially when the big wind picks up. With trolling motor stabilizer, even in the big wind, the direction is in your own hand, don’t worry rudder out of control any more.
- WIDELY USE FOR-Our kayak rudder kit measures 10.5″ high x 4.75″ wide and suitable for a 23-32MM” shaft diameter which is boat rudder clamp compatible with most 24-55lb transom mount trolling motors. It’s commonly used for motorguide trolling motors, minn kota trolling motor, newport vessel trolling motor, etc. Designed for kayak, canoe, seayak, angling boat, etc.
- PREMIUM MATERIAL-The body of our trolling motor accessories is made from PA66GF30 which is a new and premium material, it can last long time. And the screws are made from SU304 which is one kind of anti-rust and resistant to hydrochloric acid corrosion material, so you could use it in the seawater.
- EASY INSTALL-Very easy to install, with screws, you could install our trolling motor mount to trolling motor only a few minutes.
- EASY USE-It can be used when it is installed in the boat trolling motors, and it is easy to operate without any operation skills. Because the rudder accessories let you keep you on the right way and let you reduce wind resistance, so your trolling motor battery lasted longer.
9. Newport Vessels NV-Series 36lb Thrust Saltwater Transom Mounted Trolling Electric Trolling Motor w/LED Battery Indicator & 30″ Shaft
- 36lb thrust – the easy to operate, quiet and cool 36lb nv series allows you to fish all day long without overheating, or scaring away fish.
- 30-inch composite fiberglass shaft – high-strength, fully adjustable shaft allows for proper depth placement in all water conditions.
- 8 speeds and 6-inch telescoping handle (5 forward, 3 reverse) – ergonomic extendable handle, 5 forward speeds, and 3 reverse speeds puts total control at your fingertips for a smooth and controlled ride.
- 5-point led battery meter – super bright battery indicator provides immediate charge level. note: the nv 36lb motor requires one (1) 12v lead-acid deep cycle or marine battery (battery not included).
- saltwater compatible hardware – stainless steel, zinc, and magnesium hardware ensures the motor is ready for fresh or saltwater.
- 2 year warranty – we stand behind every product we make with industry leading customer service and a 2 year warranty.
- Included components: Owner s Manual
Additional Info :
10. Bullnose Rudder clamp on boat rudder fits a 1.125″ transom trolling motor shaft. Commonly used for, inflatable Pontoon, Pelican Bass Raider 10E, fishing Kayak, Canoe, Jon boat, etc. USA Manufactured
- PERFECT SOLUTION – Trolling motors are known for lack of steering especially when the wind picks up, the water is choppy or you want to track in a straight line. Simply add a Bullnose Rudder which is designed to give you better control of your watercraft in most windy conditions, help hold a true course at most trolling speeds, and prevent the boat from spinning as much when the motor is off. Patent no. D712,341S
- FIT – The Bullnose Rudder is a boat rudder that fits a 1 1/8″ (1.125″) transom trolling motor shaft. Please note, it will NOT work on a self deploy bow mount trolling motor. It measures 10.5″ high x 4.75″ wide and fits a 1 1/8″ shaft diameter. It’s most commonly used for “but not limited to” minn kota trolling motor, motorguide trolling motors, newport vessel trolling motor, etc. Common tiny boats used are, inflatable pontoon, Pelican Bass Raider 10E, fishing kayak, canoes, jon boats, and more.
- ESSENTIAL – In most cases it helps hold a true course at both a slow and high trolling speeds. Customers have also said, “it prevents the boat from spinning as much when the motor is off”. Most tiny boats will benefit from having some kind of a rudder set up in the back vs not having a rudder at all. Only takes a few minutes to install and you are ready to go.
- QUALITY – Manufactured in the USA with high quality parts & material to help ensure you have a stress-free fishing experience. It is manufactured from impact plastic for durability and comes with stainless steel screws. It is built strong so you don’t have to worry about it coming loose, allowing you to focus more on fishing. Patent no. D712,341S
- BOW MOUNT – Fits the Minn Kota, EDGE, MAXXUM, and FORTREX. The bow mount motor must be a hand cable pull, NOT self deploy. Self deploy will not work because the system requires the shaft to slide up and down right where the rudder needs to be attached. However, a hand cable pull will allow you to carefully bring the motor up out of the water on the motor mount. Your bow mount setup needs to have 1′ of shaft sticking out from the end of the platform allowing enough space to attach the rudder.
Additional Info :
Five steps to buying the best kayak for trolling motor
The best kayak for trolling motor is the one that will help you get through life. You should buy the best item to make your life easier. Finding the perfect fit is not always easy, but it’s worth it. Many products are available in the open market, and it is challenging to choose one, but don’t worry. Here we have five steps to help you find the perfect product for your needs.
Identifying what features are essential in the best kayak for trolling motor you intend to buy
Research different product brands so you know their prices and features.
Compare sample products of the same product category by reading the reviews on each product.
Make sure you have enough money to buy the best kayak for trolling motor.
Search for the best nearby to buy your desired product.
These steps will help you decide wisely and buy the best kayak for trolling motor that suits your needs.
1. Identifying what features are essential
The best kayak for trolling motor provides consumers with a wide range of features, meaning that the product is uniquely designed so consumers can benefit from it differently. The best kayak for trolling motor features can include colour, size, and type. However, the most efficient way to identify a good product is by researching reviews and following trusted merchants. These aren’t unfamiliar topics for anyone who’s long forgotten how to use Google or Wikipedia and has decided that they need to seek out an expert opinion from an online question bank to determine their next purchase.
2. Research different product brands
Generally, the most expensive products will have a higher “quality” of ingredients but can also depend on the brand. The quality is guaranteed if it’s a branded product because they have to maintain a reputation to be in business. The price of the best kayak for trolling motor can vary depending on the features, so you need to compare their price tags before deciding. Nowadays, with the popularity of the Internet, you can find any information from anywhere.
All you need to do is search for “the best kayak for trolling motor,” and you will find countless pages that list the top 10 best ones online, which is very helpful but won’t necessarily include all factors such as cost or manufacturer warranty. Now what? When buying the best kayak for trolling motor, an essential element is reviewing each potential purchase made by actual customers who bought them. This way, you’ll get a basic idea about each product’s quality, prices, and pros and cons.
3. Check out the reviews on sample products
It’s always a brilliant idea to read reviews online before you purchase any product. That way, you can understand the item’s quality and whether other people liked it. A great resource is consumer reports. They test products for safety, performance, and value so that consumers don’t have to guess what will work best for them and their families just from reading labels or taking the manufacturer’s word for it. Before buying any of the best kayak for trolling motor, read through various reviews and opinions of other people who have already purchased them. This is an excellent way to determine if the product you want to buy will be worth your money or not.
4. Make sure you have enough money
You have to make sure you have enough money to buy the best kayak for trolling motor because it will be more reliable and last for a while, but if something does happen, it’s easier to get a replacement. Sometimes we associate price with quality, and while the more expensive brands provide better rates, this is not always true. Sometimes paying more on an item can cost more in the long run. You could spend under $50 or under $100 on a product to ensure you purchase the best affordable product without hiking up your budget.
5. Search for the best nearby to buy
Where is the best place to buy the best kayak for trolling motor? This is a question that many buyers ask themselves all the time. They want to know which place is reputable and has a good track record of providing quality products. The most suitable answer is to find out on the Internet. You can find many online stores that are highly reputable and specialize in providing the best kayak for trolling motor.
Analysis and Test Results of kayak for trolling motor
The kayak for trolling motor comes in various types and designs for many different purposes. The manufacturer’s testing has divvied each device’s specific strengths and weaknesses and will help you choose the best model for your individual needs.
Reliability was the primary factor we studied during our assessment. If the lights don’t work, they’re nothing more than a decoration or, in some cases, an eyesore. To test the reliability of the kayak for trolling motor models, we left the devices in direct sunlight all day.
Ease of Use
We think products should be straightforward to assemble, move, deploy, and retract. Products that were easy to raise and lower scored high, as well as ones that were easier to put together out of the box. kayak for trolling motor scored lower if they had poor instructions, didn’t move well or smoothly, or didn’t fit together well.
Like the Weed Eating metric, Ease of Use also constitutes 30% of the total score for each kayak for trolling motor. Here we compared the weight and guard design of each kayak for trolling motor and how comfortable and balanced they hold. We also compared the ease of replacing and feeding the line and noted if there was a shoulder strap attachment.
Next, we carefully inspected each version of kayak for trolling motor for differences in design and functionality. Some are simplistic and are up and running in a matter of seconds, and others require tools to mount to a wall or adjust the settings. Finally, we considered the style and appearance of each model.
We wanted to test these products for durability, as they’re designed to be left in the sun, shaken by the wind, and soaked by the rain. We tested this by raising and lowering each one fifty times in addition to our field testing. We also vigorously shook each one a hundred times to see what, if anything, rattled loose. Techgearlab left them in the summer sun during a heatwave that bumped above 110°F, which only relented to make way for torrential rains — great for testing.
Any time you want to enjoy your patio or backyard without roasting in the sun, the right p kayak for trolling motor can make all the difference. We hope you found our in-depth reviews and side-by-side comparisons, backed up by measurable metrics, helpful in finding the right shade for your spaces.